The Tennessee Ambulatory Surgery Center Association (TASCA) is a non-profit organization that represents organizations directly involved in the operations of freestanding ambulatory surgical facilities in the State of Tennessee. There are over 160 licensed ASCs in Tennessee.
TASCA exists to:
- Enhance the quality of ambulatory surgery in freestanding centers in Tennessee.
- Promote effectiveness and efficiency through professional development, exchange of ideas and leadership.
- Promote the establishment and development of freestanding ambulatory surgery centers.
- Promote public awareness of freestanding ambulatory surgery facilities.
- Explore the present and future roles of the freestanding ambulatory surgery facility as an alternative provider to traditional means of delivering healthcare.
- Promote the continuing review and revision of the Tennessee licensure laws and regulations as it applies to freestanding ambulatory surgery facilities.
- Explore affiliation with a national association of ambulatory surgery facilities and to affiliate with such an organization if in the best interest of TASCA.
- Enforce prompt payment rules from insurance companies through enhanced relations with governmental agencies and with the Tennessee Medical Association.